Monday, 12 March 2012

Thing 3


E-audio books
I'm a recent convert to the joys of listening to books. They are great for car trips. The first title I downloaded from Bolinda was Does my head look big in this. I was so engrossed in the story it was difficult to stop listening, sometimes I was compelled to stay in my parked car until chapters end.  I find downloading from the Bolinda site fairly straight forward.  I've also listened to The Unknown Terrorist by Richard Flanagan which I highly recommend and  in preparation for our NYR "Travelling Pants" events The sisterhood of the travelling pants.  I am currently listening to Kings in Grass Castle, from the Australian classics selection, it is very long and is taking several return journeys to Ballarat to complete.  I would probably never get around to reading this classic but I'm enjoying listening to it.

CliperEBSCO is not as easy to use as the Bolinda platform.  I have managed to download Dead like you and the Italian matchmaker.  I have to confess that I have not yet listened to these books and they are still on my iphone - thank goodness there are no overdue fees!

E-books
I'm primed to explore the world of E-books. I am a cardless member and Melbourne Library Service and just waiting for March 16 release date for the new Ipad. I was poised to purchase an Ipad2 but the Decide.com app said to wait, so I'm waiting, impatiently.






2 comments:

  1. Excellent post. I agree with the difficulty of Clipper over Bolinda, and we may soon have another alternative to explore :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love that you are waiting on Decide.com's advice! :)

    ReplyDelete